Useful hints and tips for travelers in Germany
F.re.e is the new C-B-R Fair for Leisure and Travel, which has changed its name. It was and remains the leading appointment for leisure and travel, and takes place in southern Germany. F.re.e offers a rich program of side events, appointments and shows on the world of adventure and travel, and will be held at the exhibition center of Munich, Munich Messe. The fair takes place from February 22nd to the 26th: in those days, Munich also offers many musical appointments to relax after the fair.
The 2011 edition of F.re.e attracted over 95 000 visitors, who have poured into 70 thousand square meters of exhibition space occupied by 1400 exhibitors. Companies, tour operators, hotel chains representatives and health clubs have been presenting a variety of options for leisure and travel.
Even for 2012 the organizers’ expectations are very high: new locations, equipment and solutions for alternative holidays and nature will be presented, but also guides and magazines, sea or mountain equipment, accessories for the world of caravans and bicycles, clothing and medical science.
Even this year exhibitors will come from all over the world: 74 from Africa, 9 from the Arctic and Antarctic, 99 from Asia, 14 from Australia, 602 from Europe, 51 from North and Central America, 43 from South America, 7 from Oceania, 18 from the Caribbean.
In the days of the exhibition, Munich offers an excellent selection of events for the after-fair, especially concerts, which may be helpful in relieving from … the hard day’s work.
Events and concerts in Munich during the week February 22 to 26.
- Wednesday, 22: Chris Rea concert at Olympiahalle, Olympia Park, tickets starting at 61 Euros.
- Thursday 23: Eisbrecher concert at Backstage, Wilhelm-Hale-Straße, tickets starting at 130 Euros.
- Friday, 24: Justice concert, at Zenith, Lilienthalallee, tickets starting at 27 Euros.
- Saturday 25: Example at Backstage, tickets starting at 25 Euros.
- Saturday 25: at the National Theatre in Max-Joseph-Platz, Madame Butterfly, tickets starting at 59 Euros.
- Saturday 25: Nada Surf concert, at Backstage, with tickets starting at 99 Euros.
- Saturday, February 25: Joseph Moog, at Residenz München, Maximilianstraße (reachable via metro, Odeonsplatz stop), performs a concert entitled “Beethoven, Brahms & Schumann.”
- Saturday 25, at Schloss Nymphenburg, Eingang 19, “Mozart Night” show, with a selection of plays by the great composer, from the Magic Flute, to Don Juan, The Marriage of Figaro.
For those who want to overdo it, and stay a couple more days in Munich, on February 28, at Kesselhaus, in Lilienthalallee, a great concert by Sting.
Photo by AbhijeetRane
There are no comments on this entry.